In 2008 Matthew Whitaker needed a local property manager to look after his 30 rental houses. When he couldn't find the kind of manager he wanted, he launched gkhouses.
Since that time, gkhouses has grown from those 30 houses to over 1,300 occupied houses in Birmingham, Nashville, and Chattanooga.
The gkhouses reputation for excellence is mostly responsible for the tremendous growth.
During the time between 2008 and 2017, the gkhouses team has grown as well. From three to almost 30 team members dedicated to providing owners the best property management experience around.
What’s the secret to our success? We attribute it to an incredible team and a thriving company culture.
Our company culture influences everything about how we do business with our owners and tenants. It’s also the basis for which we hire new employees. Having competent job qualifications is, of course, important, but embracing the gkhouses core values is what matters first.
- Integrity – We will always be honest with each other, our residents, and our Owners. We operate a truth-based property management company with high levels of accountability, regardless of how it affects us individually or as a company.
- Disciplined Hard Work – We will work harder than anyone else as a residential property manager; focusing on achieving superior performance through discipline. It’s not an easy business, and there’s no substitute for disciplined habits if you want to remain successful.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – We will continuously strive for the best way to serve our Owners by frequently updating our processes, pushing ourselves never to be stagnant and never accepting of the status quo. We are determined on revolutionizing this industry.
- Team – Without sacrificing our core beliefs, we will always put the Team (our Owners, our Residents, and each other) first. Individually, we can only achieve so much; as a Team everyone can meet, and exceed their goals.
- Excellence – We will focus on providing our Owners and Residents an excellent product in everything we do and at all times.
Right now we have two available spots, see them below: